RS Retrosafe Ground Fault Protective Assembly
RS RETROSAFE GROUND FAULT PROTECTIVE ASSEMBLY
Marina Electrical Equipment utilizes the latest in ground-fault detection and relay technology to provide accurate and fast-responding ground fault protection in a simple and economical retro-fit assembly for MEE or competitive power outlet panels. The current National Electric Code now requires ground fault protection not exceeding 30 milliamps (mA) at the shore power outlet. Compliance has been difficult and expensive for existing marinas – until now. The RetroSafe assembly is an economical and sensible solution to provide the utmost in personnel or equipment protection within existing power outlet panels.
Standard Features for RS RetroSafe Ground Fault Protective Assembly:
- UL-Listed and marked, tested and certified to conform to UL Standard 1053 entitled “Ground Fault Relay Sensing Equipment” and CUL Standard C22.2 No. 144 entitled “Standard Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter.”
- Designed to fit into most power outlet pedestals (MEE or competition)
- Modular DIN-rail mount design – GFR480-1, circuit breakers and shunt-trips are separate devices.
- Cost-effective: worn or failing circuit breakers can be replaced separately since the ground-fault sensing relays and circuit breakers are modular, saving considerable cost.
- Factory-set trip values at 5 mA, 30 mA & 100 mA. Other trip values may be available upon request.
- External Test/Reset Button
- Reliable and user-friendly.
- Provides clear audible and visible LED indication of ground faults, eliminating uncertainty of why circuit breakers tripped.
- Designed to trip all circuit breakers serving one boat slip, allowing use of electrical cord splitter adapters without unwanted tripping as experienced with typical ground fault circuit breakers.
- Single-phase 120VAC, 120/240VAC, 60 Hz.
- Three-phase 120/208VAC, 277/480VAC, 480VAC, 60 Hz.
- Input Current of 1-1200 amps
- Current-limiting flame proof resistor.
- On-board resettable MOV for surge protection.
- Fully operational between -20°F (-30°C) to 140°F (60°C).
- Limited 1-year warranty.
MARINA ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT COMPATIBLE:
- Harbor Light SS
- Harbor Light
- Commodore SS
- Marina Mate SS
- Anchorage SS
OTHER MANUFACTURER’S COMPATIBLE:
We can also provide units that can be installed in pedestals purchased from other manufacturers. Please contact us with the make and model pedestal you have so we can give you a quote. Manufacturers supported include, but are not limited to:
- International Dock Products
- Sea Technology